"Wow, what a great weekend! Our esteemed speakers delivered on our vision to perfection. I am sure they challenged all of those who came, with new ideas and renewed energy. The venue provided by Microsoft was wonderful; it was hard not to be mesmerized by the view of the Charles River when on breaks. Our gold sponsors and the book tables were both very busy throughout the weekend. The Meadhall outing Saturday night was full of great food, drinks and lively socializing. We all met a lot of passionate people, exchanged cards, connected by social media and laughed.
We had a diverse and engaged community that came out for this capacity-filled event. We thank you for making this a memorable event and truly hope to see you again at a future Agile New England event, whether it be our monthly meetings in Waltham, our Agile Games Conferences, Agile for Executives or Deep Agile events. Our goal is to continue with annual Deep Agile events in the fall, so keep in touch!
None of this would have been possible without our all-volunteer staff; they made this come to life and put many hours if not months into making this weekend run smoothly. In light of the season, we are truly thankful!
We have obtained permission from the speakers to make the presentation materials available.
Click HERE for a list of presentations
For the final session, Cultivating Your Culture of Quality: Reflection and Action, attendees played the game "35" where the highest scored cards were to be announced, so here are the top 3 cards:
The essence of cultivating a culture of quality is...
• "Taking down barriers and team driven work to provide maximized value"
• "Promoting collaboration and a shared commitment to quality by all roles."
• "Communication, Respect, Passion, Attention to Detail, Comfort."
We started an open Deep Agile flickr group with lots of pictures from the event, feel free to add yours.
One final piece of business; we have now posted the Quality is a Team Sport session video.
Many Thanks and hope to see you all soon at a future Agile New England event!
Ron Morsicato and Tom Woundy - Deep Agile Product Owners
Deep Agile 2013: Creating a Culture of Quality
In agile development, quality is a shared contribution of everyone involved. But it is not easy to create a culture of quality. How do you motivate all team members to make that great product? How do you enable testing professionals to add value in all phases of product development, rather than being gatekeepers at the end?
The Deep Agile 2013 seminar, on the weekend of November 23-24 in Cambridge, MA, is for all development team members and stakeholders who want to understand the role of testing in software development and make quality a bigger part of their jobs. The emphasis will be on contributions from all roles associated with the development of a product, including product managers and owners, developers and architects, managers and team leaders, and testing and user experience team members.
An outstanding group of agile and testing experts will lead interactive discussions on topics like:
- How do you change the role of testers to be a catalyst, providing the team with technology and insights to deliver intrinsic and extrinsic quality?
- How do you create a culture of honesty and safety where everyone will collaborate?
- How do you understand your users’ needs, communicate them in ways that help everyone involved, and break those needs into slices that can be delivered early and often and generate continuous feedback?
- How do you get product owners and analysts to better define implementable features?
- How can you use documentation to capture the common understanding of user needs?
- How do you improve quality, increase sustainability, and minimize rework by building quality in?
- How do you maintain collaboration all the way to the release of the product?
It takes a village to deliver quality software.
Come join us at the Deep Agile 2013 seminar for an experiential journey into bringing roles together to make better software, Learn how the entire process, from ideas, to plans, to creation, to quality, to exposure, benefits when all parts of team work together in a culture of quality.